These posts contain affiliate links you can use to purchase books and other items. If you buy books and other items using these links, I will receive a small commission from the sale. This will not cost you extra money.
10 Reasons Why You Will Fall in Love With
(Hallmark Ornaments & Department 56):
Make Your Holidays Enchanting
1. Variety (Click photos o see more options , Learn more, & Watch animation videos)
Each year, Hallmark comes out with new intricately detailed ornaments in several themes. There is definitely something for everyone from you Baby’s First Christmas to the latest Star Wars decorations that you can display all year round.
(1. Hallmark Keepsake Star Wars “”The Force Awakens Christmas BB-8” Holiday Ornament, 2.Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Holiday Barbie Christmas Ornament, 3. Hallmark Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Christmas Ornament, 4. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Disney Frozen Elsa Coronation Day Christmas Ornament)
2. High Quality (Click photos to see more options , Learn more, & Watch animation videos)
Hallmark Ornaments- We own a bunch of these high quality ornaments. I was impressed with the finely detailed ornaments. Ours still work and are intact after 10+ years. (I have dropped a few over the years/not recommended.)
(1. & 2. Baby’s First Christmas Ornaments, 3. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Star Wars: A New Hope A Duel to the Death Sound Christmas Ornament,
4. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 PEANUTS Winter Fun With SNOOPY Mini Christmas Ornament, 5. Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy 2, 6.Slippery Day Winnie the Pooh Magic Hallmark Keepsake Ornament, 7. Hallmark Keepsake Ornament: MARVEL Spider-Man Spidey’s Holiday Spirit, 8. Hallmark 2016 Wonder Woman Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice Ornament)
3. Bring Back Fond Memories (Click photos to see more options & Learn more)
Our younger family members delighted in receiving Disney Cars and Princesses to hang on their tree. This makes them reminisce about their trips to Disney World. When I put up my Winnie the Pooh ornaments, I am transported back to my childhood.
(1. Hallmark Disney/Pixar Cars Lightning McQueen Christmas Ornament, 2. Hallmark Disney Princess and the Frog Tiana Christmas Ornament, 3. Hallmark Disney Winnie the Pooh Eeyore Christmas Ornament, 4. Hallmark Disney Beauty and the Beast Belle Holiday Ornament)
4. Animation (Click Image to see videos of ornament animation & see more options)
Some of the Hallmark Ornaments are animated. They can create sounds, give a light show, have characters in motion, create movement, and even produce the smell of freshly made cookies. If you get animated ornaments, open it immediately, put in batteries, and check to see if it work
(1. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Disney Beauty and the Beast Tale as Old as Time Christmas Ornament With Light and Music, 2. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 – Star Wars Death Star Ornament with Sound and Light 3.9”, 3. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! Welcome Christmas Musical Christmas Ornament, 4. Hallmark Keepsake 2017 Winnie the Pooh A Blustery Day Musical Christmas Ornament With Motion)
5. Resale Value (Click photos to see more options)
Hallmark has new ornaments every year to add to the collection. Because these are collectibles, we like to keep ours in their original boxes. (This can possibly bring you more money if you decide to resell on eBay, Amazon…, and it helps making organizing and storage easy, too.)
After a while, Hallmark stops producing and selling certain ornaments. Therefore, these ornaments will probably increase in value. All the ornaments seen above were advertised for over $100.00, and many times, there was only 1 left when I checked 11/20/17.
Side Comment: I have never resold any of my Hallmark ornaments. With any collection, there is no guarantee that the ornaments will be worth more money.
Pictured above: (1. Dumbledore and Harry Potter looking into the Pensive, 2. Hallmark Keepsake Home for Christmas Ornament (Light, Sound and Motion) Hallmark Keepsake Home for Christmas Ornament (Light, Sound and Motion) 3. A Bright N Merry Christmas – National Lampoons 2010 Hallmark Ornament, 4. Star Trek Starship Enterprise (Saucer Lights Blink) by Hallmark)
6. Amazing Selection (Some accessories are animated. Click on the photos to see short videos. (Usually on the left hand side) Click on the photos to learn more and see more options.) Department 56 has been enchanting children and adults alike for many years. Each year, they expand their collections by adding finely detailed accessories, homes, landmarks… to create spectacular scenes;
Christmas (all of these are whimsical)-Everything from National Lampoon Christmas® themes, the Grinch®, Peanuts Village, North Pole Village, to Disney’s Mikey’s Village®
All Year Long- Classic Dickens Village®, Elegant Winters Frost (all year long), Fun Fisher Price® (accessories, toy favorites displays), Traditional New England Village (1800’s)
Halloween- Night Before Christmas®, Snow Village Halloween, Department 56 has added Halloween decorations to their collection! The Halloween collection features spooky houses, headstones to create a graveyard, The Headless Horseman®, witches, fall trees, and so much more.
7. Fabulous Accessories- (Some accessories are animated. Click on the photos to see short videos. (Usually on the left hand side) Click on the photos to learn more and see more options.)
Ice skating pond, swan lake (try to create a link)to frost covered trees in various sizes, to blinking multi-colored yard decoration, flying reindeer, Santa, Mrs. Clause, elves, the Grinch, Disney characters, classic Dickens characters. Blinking lights, gliding skaters, flying reindeer, charming figurines, and so much more create the perfect atmosphere for a holiday extravaganza. If you get animated/ buildings with lights, open them immediately, put in batteries, and check to see if it works.
They have expanded their collection to include a frightful Halloween collection with spooky houses, headstones as decorations, fall trees and so much more.
8. Create a Dazzling Holiday Themes/Display-(Some accessories and buildings are animated. Click on the photos to see short videos. (Usually on the left hand side) Click on the photos to learn more and see more options.)
Create a full village with a wide selection of homes, landmarks, and accessories. Choose to be classic like the Dickens Village, or whimsical like the North Pole Village (Santa’s Home).
In our curio cabinet, our Winters Frost collection is the village where all the people live. Roof tops are covered in glittery snow. We use people and accessories from Snow Village, and other collections to create the everyday scenes in a small town. I set up the example with Dickens Village. Add trees, benches, street lights, shops, houses, and other classic accessories to complete the display. When you look through the windows in some buildings, you can see scenes with people.
We used Winters Frost with our display because my husband likes the elegant classical look. We combine this set with accessories from other themes such as Snow Village and even Dickens Village. Dickens Village is shown below.
I , on the other hand, love the whimsical feel of the North Pole Series. This series can be mixed and matched with anything Disney, Grinch, Peanuts… (Some accessories and buildings are animated. Click on the photos to see short videos. (Usually on the left hand side) Click on the photos to learn more and see more options.)
As you get higher in our curio cabinet, Santa’s reindeer training facility is in full swing. We put some Department 56 Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer figurines in front of the facilities, and the flying (animated) reindeer. The next level, displays the charming North Pole establishments. My favorite is the Yummy Gummy Gumdrop Factory because I love all the animation and bright colorful lights. At the tippy top, there is a mixture of Winters Frost Warming Station, Lighthouse, playful figurines of the elves with the toys, ice fishing… Our set up is similar to what you see below. We have had our Winters Frost Lighthouse for several years , and it has always worked. The lighthouse has a light at the top, and it spins around slowly like a real lighthouse. This is frequently our company’s favorite building.
9. Hand Crafted & High Quality
Department 56 has quality reputation worldwide for its hand crafted decorations. Each decoration and accessory has exquisite details. These finely crafted details are what brings scenes to life and create a magical atmosphere.
10. Resale Value –(Some accessories and buildings are animated. Click on the photos to see short videos. (Usually on the left hand side) Click on the photos to learn more and see more options.)
Department 56 has new decorations and buildings every year to add to the collection. Because these are collectibles, we like to keep ours in their original boxes with the authenticated paperwork. (This can bring you more money if you decide to resell.) The boxes also make storage easier. Department 56 retire buildings and accessories on a yearly basis. Many times this makes the item difficult to get because it is not available in online stores. Usually, these hard to get items can be sold on eBay, Amazon, … for a higher prices when the item becomes retired or unavailable.
Side Note: I have never resold any of my Department 56 collectibles. There is no guarantee that the figures or building will increase in value. I have bought Department 56 buildings for a higher price on eBay when the item was not readily available.
*Amazon will be having Black Friday Sales and Cyber Monday sales. Prices fluctuate. Sometimes, I see some of these collectibles on sale when there is no big promotion. All Links are from Amazon.
Safety Tips for young children and pets:
Please supervise children and pets when handling the ornaments that could potentially be a choking hazard.
Hang you ornaments a few branches up if you are not sure how your pet will react.
Unplug and secure cords if you have young children or pets that chew them.
The houses are more breakable and heavier than the Hallmark ornaments.