Hacks and Resources
to Explode Your Pinterest Traffic
Are you frustrated because you feel your Pinterest traffic is too low, or you feel like your Pinterest traffic is stuck (like I did)? Then these proven techniques and resources can help you explode your Pinterest traffic. I tripled my traffic in a month.
Pinterest is a free MAJOR traffic booster to your blog, website, shop… if it is managed with mindfulness. I will share the secrets to my success and the resources that got me there. These resources are not just for beginners.
Pinterest has more than 250 million users every month! This statistic makes it beneficial for you to use Pinterest to your advantage to monetize.
If you are serious about your blog, website, shop… you need to invest in it like an education. The resources that I will share with you cost less than one meal or tickets to a concert, and it provided me with valuable information condensed into different Ebooks and courses to grow my blog.
The resources I will share in this post save me a bunch of money, time, energy, and frustration.
Time does =money. Think about how much you are paid per hour, and then think about the time you invest in online marketing. Less time online= more time with family and friends.
These posts contain affiliate links (pictures (banners)&/ *words) you can use to purchase some of these products that I think are wonderful. If you buy products using these links, I will receive a small commission from the sale at no additional charge to you. Thank you! All my posts are my honest opinions. Affiliate links have a * next to them. Please see my Disclosure page for more information.*
Now my Pinterest Profile is more focused and concise.
Do what works well for your Pinterest profile. If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. (Results may vary.)
This post is long, so find a comfortable spot and sit back. Let’s get down to the business of Pinterest.
- Setting up Your Business Profile.
- Group Boards
- Analytics of Monthly Viewers
- The Secret on How I Tripled My Pinterest Traffic
- Index of Recommended Resources
1) Add a picture of yourself. This increased my traffic without doing anything else. Having a photograph of yourself as your profile picture adds a human connection. People like to connect with other actual human beings. This is the first step in establishing trust.
2) Be concise in your description-include your URL.
3) Claim your blog.
Picture 1- This is my Pinterest Business Profile.
- A photo of myself
- The name of my blog in large print. (Please note although I changed my blog name to just The Blog for Teachers, Readers, and Life!, Pinterest would not let me take out the Christina when I went back at a later date.)
- Monthly Viewers number (This is the number that increased from 15,000 with the hacks I am outlining in this post and in my recommended resources.)
- Your business URL
- A concise description of what your blog is about
- Don’t forget to claim your blog. This lets Pinterest know you are legitimate.
Picture 2- My viewed pin created with *PicMonkey without a photo.
1) Size– The smallest pin size is 600px X 900px. This is my favorite size, even though by medium pins get more traffic, they tend to be cut off when viewed on mobile devices.
Medium Pins 600px X 1260px
Long pins 600px X 1560px (Be aware Pinterest changes these requirements on occasion.)
2) To create pins you can use Canva or *PicMonkey. *PicMonkey tends to be geared towards pin designers that use photographs. However, with so many wonderful different themes, backgrounds, borders, and other graphics, I have produced several popular pins without photographs.
3) Create more than one pin per post. Create an A pin (one color/ picture) and B pin (different color/ picture). See which one performs better. I am still very surprised which pins perform better in my Pinterest profile.
4) Pin new content on a regular basis. For the month I am talking about, I only pinned manually.
I also have a * Tailwind account. Tailwind is a convenient scheduling tool that can be automated. This means *Tailwind can post your pins for you even when you are asleep, away on vacation, getting together with family and friends, or any time you are away from home. It also gives you a ton of valuable input like the best times to post, exclusive tribes, how your pins are doing in Tribes, and which pins perform the best…
*Tailwind also is a scheduler for Instagram. FYI: BoardBooster no longer exists.
5) Generate pins that have good SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
6) Add hashtags to your pins. Do a general search of hashtags related to your pin on Pinterest. See what the results are popular.
7) Delete pins that are not performing well.
*The She Approach to Making Pinterest Possible eBook has several amazing suggestions on how to create awesome pins, increase your pin traffic and reduce the risk of getting your pin photos stolen.
Picture 3- Your Feature Board should be on a board dedicated to ONLY your pins.
1)Create a Best of (the name of your board) board that only features your pins. The board should have the same name as your blog. This board should be the first board in your profile.
2)Your blog’s board should be featured in the rotating carousel at the top of your Pinterest Profile.
3) Why do you have to label your boards and provide several good descriptive words? Because Pinterest is a database. Descriptive words, or keywords, make your boards easier to find in a search, and it builds SEO (Search Engine Optimization). I have 3 sections in my blog, so I include quality keywords for each section on my boards.
Picture 5- Step 2 of changing your blog cover. If possible, have one of your pins fon the cover of all your boards.
Step 1- To change the cover of any of your boards, select the board.
Step 2-Look at Picture 4. At the top of the board, to the left of the title (The Blog for Teachers, Readers, & Life!) You will see a pencil icon. This is your editing icon. Click on the pencil.
Go to the center of the edit, and select Change. Then you will see this next photo.
Step 3 – To choose your cover photo, use the arrows to scroll through the board. Pick the pin you want more eyes on for the cover.
Step 4- Stop on the picture you want as the cover.
Step-5 Don’t forget to save changes
Now when people see your profile, they will automatically see your pins.
In the eBook *The She Approach to Making Pinterest Possible, Ana goes into depth about how to maximize each part of your profile. I am impressed by how she outlines just about anything you want to know about your Pinterest Profile.
This is great for new bloggers, but it doesn’t stop there. There are strategic action plans for people just starting to Pinterest users that have been doing this for years. Since Pinterest changes their algorithm on a regular basis, it is beneficial for anyone with a Pinterest Business Profile.
Analytics for My Monthy Viewers.
Picture 7- Analytics of Average Monthly Viewers
You can see I went from approximately 15,000 (where I was stuck for at least 5 months) to 49,000 (yeah!). This is my highest number of viewers in the 2 years I have been blogging, and this was only pinning manually! I can’t wait to see what adding *Tailwind to my changes will do.
Before I read the eBook, I felt like I was being penalized for doing what once made me successful (Ugh).
How I Tripled My Pinterest Traffic
After I read the eBook, I was excited about seeing how following Ana’s advice would change my Pinterest traffic. This was my experiment to see if her methods worked.
This changes took me days, but I had to be strategic about how I moved forward with Pinterest’s changing algorithms if I was going to increase my monthly viewers.
So, how did I explode my Pinterest Traffic? One of the best resources I used was *The She Approach to Making Pinterest Possible. Click on the title to learn more. It is for anyone who wants to increase Pinterest traffic significantly. This eBook is NOT just for beginners.
At 170+ pages, this eBook is jammed packed full of valuable information and actionable steps for both beginner and more experienced bloggers. This resource was recently updated to follow up with Pinterest’s ever-changing suggestions. (I was sent the new version with the updates for free.) It is the most thorough eBook about Pinterest I have ever read!
This eBook is $35. This is less than a meal for 2 at a restaurant. The meal will last an hour, and then it’s gone forever. However, you will want to keep *The She Approach to Making Pinterest Possible. as part of your continuous education library to refer to again and again!
Index of Recommended Resources
A Thorough Explanation of SEO (Search Engine Optimization)