New Bloggers: Step-By-Step Guide
to Participating in Facebook Groups
Do you want more traffic to your blog? Do you want to network and engage with other bloggers? You are in luck! Facebook groups are a great way to accomplish both of these goals.
If you are a woman and a blogger, I highly recommend the New Bloggers Support Group for Women. (Full disclosure, I am a moderator for this group.) This means I have been engaging with this group for over a year, and I monitor threads to see who is participating and other administrative duties.
The group members are friendly! There are other groups, but I will use this group for my tutorial. I will use screenshots. (When I first participated in Facebook groups, I needed some guidance, too.)
Terminology and different rules used to intimidate me when I first started blogging, so that is why I am writing this post.
Want Even More Traffic? Check out these Free Facebook Groups, Linky Parties, & Pinterest Boards!
2. Second Read the Directions CAREFULLY.
Follow ALL the Rules.
Many groups, including this one, state if you link drop 3xs, and you will be removed.
What does this mean?
PLEASE NOTE: Administrators and Moderators (Admins & Mods) are usually exempt from reciprocating because we spend a great deal of time (unpaid) Monitoring all the threads and many other administrative duties to keep this group available to you and to keep it fair.
If you just copy and paste a link in the thread (under the photo of the activity with the rules) is called link dropping is when you just add your link and do not reciprocate. This is where the 3xs and you are removed from the group comes in.
In the spirit of community and to remain a member in good standing, you should be 1) Following all the Rules & 2) Reciprocate Accordingly.
Below is an example of a thread.
I will go through these rules 1-by-1.
3. Let’s break down the rules of this post (1 Facebook Post/LINK from your business/ blog from Facebook) to being a productive member of this community.
- Here is my Business/Blog Facebook Page (The Blog for Teachers, Readers, and Life!).
- I am choosing 1 (one) Link (post). I will pick my post 8 Ways to Support Other Bloggers & Blogger Roundup.
Please Note: This is NOT a Page like, which is a different action.
put the link in the group thread.
- To choose 1 (one) link, click on the Date. (See Arrow)
- Look at the top. This is the link you will place in the thread.
- Select the whole LINK at the top & COPY.
- Go to group thread & go under the thread to the empty Write A Comment line.
*The rules state remove EVERYTHING including the ?. (This will protect your privacy.) I blocked it out with the long arrow.
5. How to add a Link/URL & Likes
- The Blue Boxes above me are other members of the group that participated in this thread. (I blocked their names and faces because I did not get permission ahead of time.)
- Paste your Link in the Write a Comment section. BEFORE YOU POST, REMEMBER
- Number your post. You can see I am number 6.
- Write about how you will be reciprocating. Most of the time it will be your social media handle, but for this specific thread, you are responding as yourself.
- So, I wrote my name Recip Christina Deptulski.
- Make sure your link/URL does NOT include the “?” And EVERYTHING after.
- There is a “no preview” rule in this thread. If you see a preview, (your post with the photo) then (on your laptop) click REMOVE PREVIEW. This thread REQUIRES that you do not have a preview.
- Then, click on each link/URL, and like (thumbs up).
- Next, go back to the thread, and like the rest of the posts because this is a 100% participation thread.
- After you liked every other post (this is a 100% Mandatory thread), then
- Click REPLY. Write DONE by 8PM PST the next day.
- Threads close at 8 PM PST. If your link is not there, then you cannot participate in that thread. (Wait until next week.)
*Please be sure to write DONE or whatever else is ask of you in the rules once you have finished the tasks for ALL the people in that thread. This helps Moderators and Administrators to see who is participating.
*Please do NOT write DONE, or FOLLOWED, or PINNED under every single person. This will flag Facebook to think it is spam, and they will delete it. (I know. It happened to me.)
Although this group does not require Likes (thumbs up) for all links in the thread, many groups do. This helps the admins and mods. They recommend doing likes in smaller batches. Then leaving. Come back at a later time, and do another batch.
(I have liked 150 posts in another group in 1 day without a problem. I did them in bunches of 20. Then I took a break. Came back and did another bunch…)
*If someone did not finish the thread in time, The Moderators will Tag you in the UNITS section with directions. Please keep in mind, if you get 3 tags that you did not complete in the group (without reason), you will be removed.
*We understand that sometimes “life happens”, and you are not able to finish a thread on time, or you are having a problem, please post us a note in the UNITS section under the thread.
*If you think you cannot follow all the rules, then don’t leave a link to that thread. Arguing the rules is not an excuse to not finish the thread, and following all the rules.
*Administrators and Moderators work hard to make this experience a positive one. There are times that we are not obligated to reciprocate This is not a Tit-for-Tat group. If someone is playing the unfollow game, let us know in the UNITS section. (In other groups, this could be under the CLOSED photo. (Ask if you are not sure.)
We hope to see you soon!
I also highly Recommend How to Set Up and Monetize Your Blog.
*Below are affiliate links in *words . If you click on these links, and make a purchase, I will get a small commission from your purchase. Although I am an affiliate, I have used these resources, and I believe these are high-quality resources.*
*The Blogging Blue Print – I have tried many different courses, and I would say this is the best beginning blogger resources. Tiffany is an outstanding teacher, and she guides you through the whole process from the beginning with Word Press to the end how to make money blogging.
Feature Photo & Freebie Photo Created by *Ivory Mix Free Stock Photos